The tenets listed below drive my investment approach and provide the basis for investment strategy.
- Think independently. Markets are not always efficient therefore price does not always reflect value.
- Think like a business owner. This allows me to ignore the noise of market commentators and price fluctuations and focus on what is most important to a long-term business owner.
- Heavy diversification does not mean lower risk. My ideal portfolio consists of 10 to 20 stocks with the majority of our capital invested in my top three to five ideas.
- You can earn an above-average return while taking below-average risk.
- Invest in high-quality, undervalued companies.
- Honest and transparent practices are paramount. I invest my money exactly as I invest my clients. I believe it is important to align our interests.